Tuesday Dec 07, 2021
Tuesday Dec 07, 2021
*TRIGGER WARNING* Some of the content in this episode may include triggers on anxiety. As a reminder, if you are a veterinary student or veterinarian, the VIN Foundation’s confidential peer-to-peer support group vets4vets® is here for you, at no cost, please know, you are not alone. Call (530) 794-8094 or visit the website to schedule a session: https://vinfoundation.org/resources/vets4vets/
Listen in as VIN Foundation Executive Director Jordan benShea has a conversation with Dr. Christy Corp-Minamiji, a veterinarian with a love for words. Christy shares her non-traditional journey in the veterinary profession, how improving someone’s day is part of her job, and what she sees as the path for mental health, diversity and inclusion amongst colleagues.
Dr. Christy Corp-Minamiji
Christy Corp-Minamiji, DVM is a 1996 graduate of the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine. She has worked as a small animal practitioner, in the biologics industry as a field researcher and technical services veterinarian/marketing director (it was a small company), and for a decade as a large animal practitioner. In 2011, she changed career tracks when the large animal practice was closed due to the recession. Since that time she has worked in communications for the Veterinary Information Network where she learns new job skills every day. She lives in Davis, CA with a rotating array of almost adult and adult offspring. Though she currently has no pets of her own she makes use of friends and family by loving on their furry and/or feathery companions whenever possible.
LINKS AND INFORMATION:
- VetzInsight: https://www.vin.com/vetzinsight/
- VIN: https://www/vin.com
- VIN Foundation Vets4Vets®: https://vinfoundation.org/v4v
- Imposture syndrome article by Dr. Michele Gaspar: https://vinfoundation.org/feeling-like-a-fraud-youre-not-alone/
- Salon - Putting Down the Vet Clinic I Loved: https://www.salon.com/2011/01/25/closing_down_vet_clinic/
- The Horse - Under the Blue Tarps: https://thehorse.com/135727/under-the-blue-tarps/
- Multi Culture Vet Med Association: https://mcvma.org/
- Veterinary as One Inclusive Community for Empowerment (VOICE): https://vetvoicenational.org/
- PRIDE VMC: https://pridevmc.org/
- VOICE President, Indya Woods podcast episode: https://vinfoundation.org/veterinary-pulse-podcast-with-indya-woods/
If you like this podcast, we would appreciate it if you follow and share. As always, we welcome feedback. If you have an idea for a podcast episode, we’d love to hear it!