Friday Jun 16, 2023
Friday Jun 16, 2023
Listen in as Dr. Rebecca Mears from the VIN Foundation Student Debt Education Team shares her unorthodox path to veterinary medicine, the trends she is seeing in her work with veterinary students and student debt. Find out how a horse jockey and dinosaur fit into her story. As she says in the beginning, this episode is a fun ride!
Dr. Rebecca Mears
Rebecca Mears, DVM is from Lexington, KY, where she completed her BS at University of Kentucky. She is a graduate of University of Georgia’s College of Veterinary Medicine. Rebecca has worked as an equine general practitioner and is an active AAEP member. She has been involved in the Veterinary Business Management Association (VBMA) since vet school and now as a co-advisor for the National VBMA. In her work with VIN and the VIN Foundation she has a primary focus on student debt education and is a member of the VIN Student Team. She is passionate about giving back to the profession and improving the lives of veterinarians, pre-vet and vet students. In her time away from veterinary medicine, she can be found hiking, baking, and hosting impromptu dance parties.
LINKS AND INFORMATION:
- VIN Foundation Student Debt Center: https://vinfoundation.org/studentdebtcenter
- VIN Students: https://www.vin.com/students
- VBMA: https://vbma.biz/
- Vets for Pets and People: https://news.uga.edu/vets-for-pets-and-people/
- Check your current student loan servicers and other loan details -- VIN Foundation My Student Loans tool: http://www.vinfoundation.org/mystudentloans
- Loan Repayment Simulator: https://vinfoundation.org/loansim
- VIN Foundation WikiDebt: https://vinfoundation.org/wikidebt
- VIN Foundation Webinars: https://vinfoundation.org/resources/webinars/
- VIN Foundation get updates: https://vinfoundation.org/updates/
- VIN Foundation GIVE page to support these programs & tools: https://vinfoundation.org/give
If you like this podcast, we would appreciate it if you follow and share. As always, we welcome feedback. If you have an idea for a podcast episode, we’d love to hear it!